Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Marcel Ruff <ru...@swand.lake.de> on 2000/10/04 15:26:38 UTC

Tomcat and jsp:scriptlet?

Hi

is it possible with Tomcat JSP pages to use the XML syntax
(e.g. <jsp.expression> ) instead of <%=

I tried it but Tomcat seems to ignore it.

any idea?

thanks Marcel

PS: Please respond to my email directly as well.

--
Marcel Ruff
mailto:ruff@swand.lake.de

Re: Tomcat and jsp:scriptlet?

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Marcel Ruff wrote:

> Hi
>
> is it possible with Tomcat JSP pages to use the XML syntax
> (e.g. <jsp.expression> ) instead of <%=
>
> I tried it but Tomcat seems to ignore it.
>
> any idea?

Tomcat 3.1 and 3.2 do *not* support the XML syntax for JSP pages.
Tomcat 4.0 is introducing that support (which is required by JSP 1.2).

> thanks Marcel
>
> PS: Please respond to my email directly as well.

Craig McClanahan

                                    Applications to Tomcat