Posted to dev@ws.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2006/04/05 19:11:16 UTC

[Ws Wiki] Update of "FrontPage/Axis2/SessionMgmtProposal" by RajithAttapattu

Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by RajithAttapattu:
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Axis2/SessionMgmtProposal

  Our idea is to introduce a concept of session management that goes beyond ServiceGroupContext and spans beyond several service groups during a session with a client.

- For that we introduce UserContext.
+ For that I propose an independent lightweight session management module

  === Use Cases ===

@@ -70, +70 @@

  === The Proposal ===

- We would like to propose a UserContext that would be able to bridge the gap between different 2..n seperate service groups. A UserContext would hold one or more ServiceGroupContexts and WebServices that is deployed in User Scope (The name can be changed if it doesn't suit :) ) will have accessed to the UserContext to share the info.
+ Based on Srinaths comments and disscussion threads the initial proposal of UserContext was discarded and an independent Session Management module was introduced.
+ It's a layered architecture with 4 main interfaces.
+ Session
+ SessionManager
+ SessionIdFactory
+ SessionManagerFactory

+ The idea was to enable the extention of the session model to support fail over and clustering
+ There is a code and documentation patch provided in JIRA and discussions are going on in the mailling list.
- We are only proposing the concept/design and not the implementation details. The implementation will be done in a manner that is consistent with the existing Axis2 architecture to accomodate the above proposal.
-
- For soap client we will provide a SOAP header in the form of a session id.
- This session id will be mapped to ServiceGroupContext id if it's Session Scope and UserContext id if it's User Scope.
-
- We also think of providing a Unified Interface to the Service Authors wehether the services are deployed in Session Scoped or User Scoped. This is a nice to have from an Architectural point of view. Bcos if the Service Author decides to switch between the two then he can do it with minimal code change.
-

  == Comments ==
  Quoting from http://www.idealliance.org/proceedings/xml05/ship/54/xml2005-wssessions.HTML