Posted to dev@sqoop.apache.org by Shashank Tandon <st...@expedia.com> on 2017/04/19 04:13:08 UTC

Does Sqoop Import support empty value in string ?

Hi All,
There is issue in  SQOOP  with the table due to empty value in a column imported from SQL Server. Sqoop does not interpret empty strings as null values if the datatype is String and it shows less column in the rows of the Hive table.

Can anyone help me on this ?

Thanks,
Shashank Tandon

Re: Does Sqoop Import support empty value in string ?

Posted by Erzsebet Szilagyi <li...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Shashank,
I see you've recently had some issues which might be caused by bugs in
Sqoop.
Could you please head over to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP/
and file your issues?
It would be very helpful if you could include as many details as you
possibly can including environment info, specific reproduction steps, and
example inputs with expected and actual outputs.
Thank you,
Liz