Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com> on 2003/08/08 10:05:30 UTC

Re: "first time" stories

Mark Leicester wrote:

>On 7/08/2003 8:36, "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bd...@codeconsult.ch> wrote:
>

>>Thanks - I have committed your midi block to the Cocoon CVS, adding the
>>ASF license and the proposed notice about Peter's work.
>>

>Thank you Bertrand, your help is much appreciated!
>
>Wouldn't it be great for someone to go around interviewing committers and
>people who have donated code asking them how they felt about their "first
>time"! I imagine that there are some inspiring stories out there! These
>stories might encourage all kinds of people with half-baked ideas to
>introduce them into to a supportive community like Cocoon's!

I think every dev here experienced this thrill and pride of having his
own code going into the CVS. This is part of what motivates to go
further and continue contribution until one day someone nominates you to
be a committer.

This then another thrill, as you anxiously wait for the vote results
(even if I never saw a negative vote on new committers) and another
pride when you got the CVS access. But a lot of responsibility too,
since there's no more a "committer proxy" filtering your work.

But it's not just about having commit rights and your @apache.org email
and blablabla. It's about being part of this awesome group of friends.
This is where the real pleasure is.

Keep up the good work !

Sylvain