Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/24 16:05:45 UTC

Arrow 0.3 release status

hi all,

We are getting closer to being able to cut a release candidate, but with a
number of patches in review, and some other issues that have come up
(around metadata backwards compatibility), I expect it to take the rest of
the week to close out the remaining bugs and code reviews. See

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARROW-670

for the list of open or in progress JIRAs.

With the pace slowing down I expect we can make a release candidate on
Monday May 1. I would like to get a project blog set up on
http://arrow.apache.org/ so that we can have an inaugural post announcing
the 0.3 release.

Thanks,
Wes