Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by brian mullan <bm...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/09 13:02:13 UTC

How to scale Display on connection to X11VNC using Guacamole

My remote connection is via X11VNC to an Ubuntu-MATE desktop.

My X11VNC connections seems limited to 1360x768 at least when I  check
Hardware/Display that is the maximum setting I see available?

I did some searches and found this guacamole "resolution" description

https://glyptodon.org/jira/browse/GUAC-8

but in the Guacamole Connection config I don't see any option to do this?

How is the above configured ?   I'd like to get it to match what the
Guacamole RDP connection can provide with is 2492x1326.

thanks
brian

Re: How to scale Display on connection to X11VNC using Guacamole

Posted by brian mullan <bm...@gmail.com>.
Nick

Thanks I was already aware of most of that but was puzzled why when I even
set a higher resolution in /etc/X11/xorg.conf... the display still stays at
the lowere resolution?

On Karl Runge's (orig author of x11vnc) site there is a ton of great info
including how to dynamically change display from cli w/out restarting
x11vnc.  ( I will try this next).

But from reading the following:

http://www.karlrunge.com/x11vnc/faq.html#faq-headless

It would seem what I had already done "should" have worked?

Brian