Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Thierry Lavallee <th...@8p-design.com> on 2019/08/28 14:08:36 UTC

Report on ALL The threshold settings accross all users on the server

Hi, First post. :)

Is there any way to report on ALL the threshold settings configured
across ALL users on the server?

I would like to see if users have overridden the default values. And I
would like to make sure I don't override them by changing the default.

Thanks

PS: We are on WHM / Cpanel

PPS: Is there another user Group around? Facebook, other?

Re: Report on ALL The threshold settings accross all users on the server

Posted by Kris Deugau <kd...@vianet.ca>.
Thierry Lavallee wrote:
> Hi, First post. :)
>
> Is there any way to report on ALL the threshold settings configured
> across ALL users on the server?

That depends a lot on how SA is integrated and what you mean by a "user".

For the SA cluster at work, I'd do

   SELECT * FROM userpref WHERE preference LIKE 'required_score%';

in the database the userpref table lives in.

On one legacy platform, and my personal server, I'd do:

   # grep required_score /home/*/.spamassassin/user_prefs

On several other systems I've worked with the question has no meaning
because there is no use of SA-level preferences;  any per-user
customization (if there even is any at all!) is done outside of SA
proper - usually checking the spam score or the number of *'s in the
X-Spam-Level header.  Checking that in turn can be in any of several
different places depending on whether you're using procmail, sieve,
maildrop, or some other delivery agent.

> PS: We are on WHM / Cpanel

A variation on the SQL select or grep above will probably find what
you're looking for, although you may have to spend some time tracking
down which database and table, or where the user_prefs files are stored.

I don't recall having logged into a WHM-based system, and only rarely on
a cPanel install, but I don't think there's an exposed point to list
this kind of information systemwide.  You might do better to save a
configuration backup of some kind to your local PC and search through
the data there.

-kgd

Re: Report on ALL The threshold settings accross all users on the server

Posted by RW <rw...@googlemail.com>.
On Wed, 28 Aug 2019 10:08:36 -0400
Thierry Lavallee wrote:

> Hi, First post. :)
>
> Is there any way to report on ALL the threshold settings configured
> across ALL users on the server?
>
> I would like to see if users have overridden the default values. And
> I would like to make sure I don't override them by changing the
> default.

How could you override an override with a default?