Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Rhino <rh...@sympatico.ca> on 2003/07/19 17:16:40 UTC

[FileUpload] Thanks for the help!

Just a quick note to thank everyone who has been helping me with my FileUpload problem over the past few weeks.

As a quick recap, I have been trying for several weeks, off and on (mostly off), to get the commons FileUpload to work for me. I kept getting a ClassCastException whenever I executed the line:

FileItem item = (FileItem) iter.next();

Several people gave useful suggestions but they didn't pan out. Finally, someone - I can't find the post any more but I think it was Martin Cooper - pointed out that Eclipse probably contained a beta version of the file upload jar. Yesterday, when I got back to this problem, I finally tracked down the beta version that was giving me trouble and renamed it so that Eclipse couldn't see it. The program still failed so I did a search and found *several* other copies of the beta jar and renamed or deleted all of them.

Now my FileUpload works!

Thanks again to all who helped me! I hope this note will be useful to someone in the future if they encounter the same problem.

Rhino
---
rhino1 AT sympatico DOT ca
"If you want the best seat in the house, you'll have to move the cat."