Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Anurag Gujral <an...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/19 02:15:33 UTC

code for read operations cassandra

Hi All,
            Can you please point me to the code where cassandra is iterating
over all the sstables for a key when doing read operation on a
key.
Thanks a ton,
Regards,
Anurag

Re: code for read operations cassandra

Posted by pprun <pz...@gmail.com>.
I'd say that following below steps, you'll the whole logic for 'READ' path :
org.apache.cassandra.thrift.CassandraServer.get(ByteBuffer, ColumnPath,
ConsistencyLevel) ->
'org.apache.cassandra.service.StorageProxy.read(List<ReadCommand>,
ConsistencyLevel)' -> essagingService.instance().sendRR (*ReadCommand
Message*)

Then,
org.apache.cassandra.db.ReadVerbHandler.doVerb(Message, String)
->org.apache.cassandra.db.SliceByNamesReadCommand/SliceFromReadCommand.getRow(Table)
-> org.apache.cassandra.db.Table.getRow(QueryFilter) ->
org.apache.cassandra.db.*ColumnFamilyStore.getColumnFamily(QueryFilter) *

Hope this helps.
-P

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.