Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "Amon, Jennifer" <Je...@moen.com> on 2005/02/24 14:54:55 UTC

RE: [fileUpload] [httpClient] CF file upload to Tomcat - sample code?

Yes, how to post from CF to the Tomcat server is the first issue. I
think we'll have to use httpClient to post. We can't use a form with a
file field, because you can't dynamically set the file name.

Then, there will be a return of a file from the server as a result of
what the server does with the xml file. I don't know how to handle that,
either.

Thanks,
  Jennifer

Jennifer R. Amon              Phone: 440-962-2471
Lead Technical Consultant       FAX: 440-962-2663
Moen Incorporated             Email: jamon@moen.com
25300 Al Moen Drive        Personal: jenamon@comcast.net
North Olmsted, OH  44070   Web Site: http://home.comcast.net/~jenamon/
Posted by Martin Cooper <mf...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 08:54:55 -0500, Amon, Jennifer
<Je...@moen.com> wrote:
> Yes, how to post from CF to the Tomcat server is the first issue. I
> think we'll have to use httpClient to post. We can't use a form with a
> file field, because you can't dynamically set the file name.

I'm confused by this. If you use HttpClient, you'd be running on the
(ColdFusion?) server, uploading to another (Tomcat) server. If you use
"a form with a file field", you're talking about something that would
be posted by a browser to a (ColdFusion or Tomcat) server. Which are
you trying to do?

> Then, there will be a return of a file from the server as a result of
> what the server does with the xml file. I don't know how to handle that,
> either.

Again, I'm confused. If the file is coming back from a Tomcat server
to a ColdFusion server, then isn't this then a ColdFusion question?

You prefixed your subject line with [FileUpload], but none of what
you're asking appears to be related to FileUpload. Sorry if I'm
completely misunderstanding.

--
Martin Cooper