Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/15 22:06:21 UTC

[FlexJS] FlexJS vs. AngularJS 2.0

Here is a rundown of how to do things with AngularJS 2.0:
http://angular-tips.com/blog/2015/06/why-will-angular-2-rock/

As I walk through the details, I see the twists and turns they are going
through to do seemingly simple things.  The single biggest reason for that
is that there is no MXML like malleable way to declaratively create the UI
and to wire things up.

I am interested in seeing a step by step comparison of doing things the
FlexJS way vs. AngularJS2.0 way.  Here are a few things we can concentrate
on:

1.  Module loading
2.  Classes
4.  Components
5.  Design Patterns
6.  Events
7.  Calling webservices
8.  Skinning

Anyone wants to volunteer to help write this document?  This would involve
understanding and writing FlexJS code samples.  This would also involve
understanding AngularJS2.0 as well.  Which is a benefit on its own.

Volunteers?

Thanks,
Om

RE: [FlexJS] FlexJS vs. AngularJS 2.0

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
Heh Mark - I have started my short adventure with AngularJS from exactly same
tutorial. Really good. :)

Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

RE: [FlexJS] FlexJS vs. AngularJS 2.0

Posted by Kessler CTR Mark J <ma...@usmc.mil>.
On a side note, I remember fiddling with angular a while back.  I bumped into this free training for it [1] that gave a good start up understanding of how some of the things work in it.

[1] http://campus.codeschool.com/courses/shaping-up-with-angular-js/intro

-Mark

[...]

Posted by ro...@gmail.com.
I think a comparison to polymer would be interesting as well.

Richard Oren
714-916-2102

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
It's sure that Angular or React has more things right now (and many devs
right now enrolling their rows), but FlexJS is not comparable right now.
Looking at the way and speed things are happening here, I should expect
FlexJS to be a great technology
in the next 6 or 12 months, with many thinks others can't even dream due to
the nature of the technology itself.

So yes, this year probably the "framework of the year" could be maybe
React?....but in 2017? or 2018?

I think FlexJS has the opportunity to overpass all the cumbersome things
many of us see when making some angular or react programming.

> Probably true, but that's why we need volunteers to help us.  Lots of
> small contributions can really add up.  And Apache projects are not
> controlled by commercial entities so your contributions can have more
> impact.
>
> Thanks,
> -Alex
>
> On 7/7/16, 2:00 AM, "anshumanpradippatil1506"
> <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >I have worked lot with Flex and also now days working with angular2. One
> >thing I am sure about is FlexJS is far away from angular2, This is not
> >only
> >about component(UI) creation there are many other thing which angular2
> >provides such as DI, Routing, documentation ..........etc a long list
> >

> >--

Carlos Rovira
Director General
M: +34 607 22 60 05
http://www.codeoscopic.com
http://www.avant2.es

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS] FlexJS vs. AngularJS 2.0

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Michael Schmalle <te...@gmail.com>.
Well I understand your point but, in this day and age, the success of a
framework will come down to how well it integrates with other frameworks
and now even languages. Just like our world with it's diverse ethnic and
cultural backgrounds, a truly successful framework can integrate things
created by others many hours of work that applies to the same use case.

I only brought up web components because I have seen some great examples of
them with like polymer.

It's the same reason I wrote the EXTERNC compiler for js shims. Creating
adapters is a good thing IMHO, I was speaking of creating adapters for Web
Components not spitting them out of MXML perse.

Mike

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
In my company colleagues did some internal project using webcomponents and
when I saw it for the first time I thought hey! We already have such things
in Flex - We can build such components really easy - This is nothing new. :)
Now in FlexJS it is also possible - maybe it's not so sophisticated as in
Flex yet, but it will be.

Just my two cents on this. :)

Piotr

-----