Posted to apps-dev@avalon.apache.org by Yann Secq <Ya...@lifl.fr> on 2002/06/20 10:08:36 UTC

Phoenix and JMX

Hi, I'm beginnning to use Phoenix and I have some questions.
First of all, when I try the 'avalon-demo.sar', I can not get
my greeting ! in fact, it works when I do a :
telnet localhost 8999
but when I try to access it through my browser (mozilla1.0) by
giving this URL : http://localhost:8999, nothing happens (no
error, no display). And when I look at the source I got :
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
Have I missed something ?

The second question is about JMX : is Phoenix JMX enabled ? I
did not found a lot of information on this point. It seemed to
be on a TODO list, but what is the actual status ?

Thank you for your answers, yann.

--
  / Yann SECQ            Equipe SMAC           secq@lifl.fr \
| Multi-Agent Systems Modeling & Agent Oriented Programming |

HelloWorld [was Re: Phoenix and JMX]

Posted by Yann Secq <Ya...@lifl.fr>.
Leo Simons wrote:
>>error, no display). And when I look at the source I got :
>><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
>>Have I missed something ?
>
> strange...Paul?

Oh, and I forgot to tell that the connection from the browser
works : when I do a second 'telnet', the counter is equals to
3 (thus, the mozilla request has been received).

secq@beckett:~/thesis/implementation/phoenix/phoenix-4.0a4$ telnet
localhost 8999
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
you are localhost at 127.0.0.1<br>
Connection closed by foreign host.

Then i try to acess the service from my browser.

secq@beckett:~/thesis/implementation/phoenix/phoenix-4.0a4$ telnet
localhost 8999
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
you are localhost at 127.0.0.1<br>
Connection closed by foreign host.

So it seems that it is only the output that is corrupted
somewhere ?

Cheers, yann.

Re: Phoenix and JMX

Posted by Yann Secq <Ya...@lifl.fr>.
Paul Hammant wrote:
> Leo, It should work as you hint.  Maybe the faked HTTP response
> is not good enough anymore.  I run mozilla too, so I will do
> some checking.  I have major computing and connectivity blues
 > at present though :-(
> Yann, can you check in IE ?

Yes, I have tried it with IE and Netscape on windows. With IE,
I don't get anything (well an error page), and with Netscape,
when i try to see the source, I get an empty file !)

Could it be related with MIME type ? I have downloaded the
HTTP Client from Jakarta Commons, but I have not been able to
find a way to use it by providing it with a 'socket' object
(all constructors work with hostname).

Re: Phoenix and JMX

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Leo,

It should work as you hint.  Maybe the faked HTTP response is not good
enough anymore.  I run mozilla too, so I will do some checking.  I have
major computing and connectivity blues at present though :-(

Yann, can you check in IE ?

-ph

Re: Phoenix and JMX

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2002-06-20 at 10:08, Yann Secq wrote:
> Hi, I'm beginnning to use Phoenix and I have some questions.
> First of all, when I try the 'avalon-demo.sar', I can not get
> my greeting ! in fact, it works when I do a :
> telnet localhost 8999
> but when I try to access it through my browser (mozilla1.0) by
> giving this URL : http://localhost:8999, nothing happens (no
> error, no display). And when I look at the source I got :
> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
> Have I missed something ?

strange...Paul?

Re: Phoenix and JMX

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
At 10:08 AM 6/20/2002 +0200, you wrote:
>The second question is about JMX : is Phoenix JMX enabled ? I
>did not found a lot of information on this point. It seemed to
>be on a TODO list, but what is the actual status ?

Phoenix is JMX enabled. You can easily create blocks that will be exported
to a MBeanServer. There has also been some work on JMX-enabling the main
kernel/engine but there is still more work that needs to be done in that area.

Cheers,

Peter Donald
everyone gets busy on the proof."
              - John Kenneth Galbraith