Posted to users@camel.apache.org by JakubKahovec <ja...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/14 11:05:16 UTC

Re: missing region property in aws-sns component

Hello,

I'm having a similar issue, using Camel-2.14.1-SNAPSHOT and aws-sns.
TopicArn is being created for the default region us-east instead of eu-west
although being specified through the amazonSNSEndpoint parameter.

Here is my SNS endpoint:

uri="aws-sns://ipex-b2b?amazonSNSEndpoint=https://sns.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com&amp;subject=event&amp;accessKey=XXXX&amp;secretKey=XXXX"/>

I looked at the Camel-SNS code and I suspect that the problem lies in
SnsEndpoint.java, method doStart.
At the moment the SNS client is creating a topic it doesn't have the
endpoint from configuration set yet (it's being set late, at the end of the
method) so it creates the topic in the default region rather than in the one
specified in the endpoint.

Jakub

Re: missing region property in aws-sns component

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
I just went through the code we need to setup the endpoint before creating the new topic.
Here is the JIRA[1] I just created.

[1]https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-8156

--
Willem Jiang

Red Hat, Inc.
Web: http://www.redhat.com
http://jnn.iteye.com (Chinese)
Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Dec 14, 2014 at 11:05 AM, JakubKahovec <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm having a similar issue, using Camel-2.14.1-SNAPSHOT and aws-sns.
> TopicArn is being created for the default region us-east instead of eu-west
> although being specified through the amazonSNSEndpoint parameter.
>
> Here is my SNS endpoint:

> uri="aws-sns://ipex-b2b?amazonSNSEndpoint=https://sns.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com&amp;subject=event&amp;accessKey=XXXX&amp;secretKey=XXXX"/>
>
> I looked at the Camel-SNS code and I suspect that the problem lies in
> SnsEndpoint.java, method doStart.
> At the moment the SNS client is creating a topic it doesn't have the
> endpoint from configuration set yet (it's being set late, at the end of the
> method) so it creates the topic in the default region rather than in the one
> specified in the endpoint.

Ah thanks for spotting this. You are welcome to log a JIRA ticket about this bug
http://camel.apache.org/support.html

And we love contributions, so you are welcome to work on a fix.

> Jakub

Claus Ibsen
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: cibsen@redhat.com