Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Arendt Frank <Fr...@swisslife.ch> on 2001/08/21 19:06:08 UTC

Change behavior on Priorities

Hello,

we have added additional priorities to our log4j. We would like to change
the behaviour of log4J that all (lower) priorities are activated for a
category. Instead we would like to activate the priorities individually for
each category despite of any rating.

One way to do it, would be to overwrite Priorities.isGreaterOrEqual() or to
replace it completly with a new method  Priorities.isEqual().

Both is either not recommended or means to change the core code.

The PriorityMatchFilter seem to be a solution, but i have concerns regarding
perfomance on this. This is executed when the complete logging event is
already created.

Do you have any other idea how to get to our goal?

Thanks.

Frank