Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Russell Freeman <RF...@globalrecall.com> on 2000/10/16 15:46:03 UTC

xml parser not found

I'm sure this is a FAQ but I can't access the FAQ at the mo'

I get this since installing the stand-alone ant:-

No JAXP compliant XML parser found. See http://java.sun.com/xml for the
reference implementation.

I assume the tomcat 3.1 shipped one is no good now?

Any help appreciated,
Russ

Re: xml parser not found

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de>.

 RF> No JAXP compliant XML parser found. See http://java.sun.com/xml
 RF> for the reference implementation.

Well, Ant needs a JAXP 1 parser, either the one from Sun or
xerces. Just download the parser of your choice, put it into the
CLASSPATH (or $ANT_HOME/lib) and you should be done.

The Ant 1.1 distributions as well as the release candidate
distribution of Ant 1.2 contain Sun's reference implementation for
convenience.

 RF> I assume the tomcat 3.1 shipped one is no good now?

The Ant of Tomcat 3.1? Hmm, it's more than 6 month old and many many
bugs have been fixed as well as new features have been added.

The XML parser of Tomcat 3.1? You will see that Tomcat itself (at
least 3.3dev) now requires another parser.

HTH

        Stefan