Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Konrad Windszus <ko...@gmx.de> on 2017/02/08 08:26:53 UTC

Managing the version order in JIRA

Currently the list of versions which is supposed to be kept in order (http://sling.staging.apache.org/documentation/development/release-management.html#update-jira) is already pretty long. This makes adding a new version tedious and time-consuming work because you basically need to drag&drop the new version to the right position in the list. Anyone came up with a script to automate that somehow? It seems that there is some javascript at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-32156?focusedCommentId=674689&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-674689 which automatically sorts via JavaScript. This seems to sort only by the release dates, which is not intended for Sling (since we want to group by bundle). So one would need to adjust the script.
Thanks for your inputs on how you do that currently.
Konrad

Re: Managing the version order in JIRA

Posted by Julian Sedding <js...@gmail.com>.
That's handy Carsten. I didn't know it was possible with multi-touch
to drag with one hand and scroll with the other (even works on a
single touch-pad for me).

Regards
Julian

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Konrad Windszus wrote

Posted by Konrad Windszus <ko...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Robert Munteanu wrote

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
Hi Konrad,

On Wed, 2017-02-08 at 09:26 +0100, Konrad Windszus wrote:
> Currently the list of versions which is supposed to be kept in order
> (http://sling.staging.apache.org/documentation/development/release-ma
> nagement.html#update-jira) is already pretty long. This makes adding
> a new version tedious and time-consuming work because you basically
> need to drag&drop the new version to the right position in the list.
> Anyone came up with a script to automate that somehow? It seems that
> there is some javascript at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-
> 32156?focusedCommentId=674689&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.i
> ssuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-674689 which automatically
> sorts via JavaScript. This seems to sort only by the release dates,
> which is not intended for Sling (since we want to group by bundle).
> So one would need to adjust the script.
> Thanks for your inputs on how you do that currently.

I simply don't sort the versions anymore :-)

It might be worth discussion why we are sorting them and if it makes
sense to keep doing it, since it's quite a hassle with such a large
number of versions.

Robert