Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by klerisson <kl...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/26 22:59:37 UTC

CXF 2.3.4 with Spring 2.0.8

Sorry if that question had already been posted, but I did not find anything
on this matter.

So, CXF version 2.3.4 is compatible with Spring 2.0.8?

Once we upgrade from CXF 2.2.6 to 2.3.4 we got a compilation failure telling
us that the package javax.jws does not exist. We kludge the system including
jsr181-api dependency, but during the deploy into WAS 6.1 it was not
possible to initialize the context due the impossibility to locate jaxws
schema according to the following log:

ERROR [server.startup : 2] (ContextLoader.java:204) - Context initialization
failed
org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.BeanDefinitionParsingException:
Configuration problem: Unable to locate Spring NamespaceHandler for XML
schema namespace [http://cxf.apache.org/jaxws] Offending resource: class
path resource [application-context.xml]

Does anybody succeed try to run CXF 2.3.4 with Spring 2.0.8?

Thanks in advance!

Re: CXF 2.3.4 with Spring 2.0.8

Posted by klerisson <kl...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Daniel for your response!

Actually, we just sorted the problem out... or at least worked around that.

After paste jsr181-api.jar into the "lib/endorsed" IBM JDK folder, uninstall
the application, then install it again into WAS the error did not show up
and, even better, is up and running  (not at production yet, but hope
soon...).

Indeed, Spring 2.0.8 had achieved the EOL, but you know to approve a new
framework version takes a lot of effort not to mention money.

Anyway, thanks again!
Klérisson

Re: CXF 2.3.4 with Spring 2.0.8

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Tuesday, April 26, 2011 4:59:37 PM klerisson wrote:
> Sorry if that question had already been posted, but I did not find anything
> on this matter.
>
> So, CXF version 2.3.4 is compatible with Spring 2.0.8?

Honestly, I have no idea.   We haven't really supported Spring 2.0.x for a
very long time.   We moved to 2.5.x while ago and that was pretty much the
target for 2.2.x.   With 2.3.x and newer, we moved to spring 3 as the primary
target.

> Once we upgrade from CXF 2.2.6 to 2.3.4 we got a compilation failure
> telling us that the package javax.jws does not exist. We kludge the system
> including jsr181-api dependency, but during the deploy into WAS 6.1 it was
> not possible to initialize the context due the impossibility to locate
> jaxws schema according to the following log:
>
> ERROR [server.startup : 2] (ContextLoader.java:204) - Context
> initialization failed
> org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.BeanDefinitionParsingException:
> Configuration problem: Unable to locate Spring NamespaceHandler for XML
> schema namespace [http://cxf.apache.org/jaxws] Offending resource: class
> path resource [application-context.xml]
>
> Does anybody succeed try to run CXF 2.3.4 with Spring 2.0.8?

Did you do something strange like try to create an "uber jar" or something?
It SOUNDS like the cxf-rt-frontend-jaxws jar isn't being found.   Either that
or  an attempt at making an uber jar isn't properly merging the META-
INF/spring.handlers files.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

RE: CXF 2.3.4 with Spring 2.0.8

Posted by klerisson <kl...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your reply Mr. Rom, but our application-context.xml seems to be
OK:

	xmlns:jee="http://www.springframework.org/schema/jee"
xmlns:tx="http://www.springframework.org/schema/tx"
	xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.springframework.org/schema/jee
http://www.springframework.org/schema/jee/spring-jee.xsd
		http://cxf.apache.org/jaxws http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/jaxws.xsd
		http://www.springframework.org/schema/tx
http://www.springframework.org/schema/tx/spring-tx.xsd">

Do you see anything wrong?
Thanks again!

RE: CXF 2.3.4 with Spring 2.0.8

Posted by Ron Grimes <rg...@sinclairoil.com>.
You should have the following for jaxws in your application-context.xml:

<beans	xmlns:jaxws="http://cxf.apache.org/jaxws"
    	xsi:schemaLocation="http://cxf.apache.org/jaxws
                                                          http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/jaxws.xsd">

I've eliminated all the other namespaces normally defined in the beans element. But, it seems to me your error message is complaining that it can't  find the xsd (schema) for jaxws namespace, which means you may have left out the location of said xsd file.

Ron Grimes