Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by "harbeer.kadian" <ha...@altair.com> on 2011/07/13 15:23:30 UTC

Getting nullPointerException while adding fragment as part of a feature in Servicemix 4.2

Hi,

I am using Servicemix 4.2 to build my application.
I have developed one fragment bundle which I have to attach with the Apache
CXF bundle jar.
To attach the fragment, I did following on the console
osgi:uninstall <Apache CXF bundle jar id> (If Apache CXF bundle is already
in active state)
osgi:install <maven location for fragment bundle>

Running command osgi:list shows the fragment bundle installed
osgi:install <maven location for apache CXF bundle jar>
osgi:start <Apache CXF bundle jar id>

This works fine for me.

I tried to automate the process by writing a custom features.xml file
The content was as follows
<features>
    <feature name="HWE-Connect" version="1.2.0.bc5">
    <bundle>mvn:org.apache.cxf/cxf-bundle/2.2.6</bundle>
    <bundle>mvn:com.altair.util/ProcessRunnerJaasLoginModule/11.0</bundle>
    </feature>
</features>

Here the ProcessRunnerJaasLoginModule is the fragment jar.
The servicemix is not able to install the fragment bundle, it gives
following error in logs
*Error when installing feature HWE-Connect: java.lang.NullPointerException*

The content of manifest.mf file for fragment bundle is as follows
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2
Bundle-SymbolicName: ProcessRunnerJaasLoginModule
Fragment-Host: org.apache.cxf.bundle;bundle-version=2.2.6
Export-Package: com.altair.jaas.module

I am not even able to get sources for servicemix-kernel. Most of the mirrors
provided are dead now.
Please reply.

With Regards
Harbeer kadian