Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Fenlason, Josh" <jf...@ptc.com> on 2006/01/11 18:03:11 UTC

Apache 2.2.0 on Win32

I was able to build Apache 2.2.0 for windows and get it working fine one
machine.  But when I installed it on a different windows box, I get the
following error when I try to run httpd.exe

C:\apache22\bin>httpd.exe
The system cannot execute the specified program.

I would imagine I'm just missing some library dependency on the second
box.  I was wondering if anyone has any tips for how to debug this?
Thanks in advance.
,
Josh.
P.S.  How are the "official" win32 sources coming?  Apache 2.2.0 has
been out for almost a month and a half and the only win32 source is
httpd-2.2.0-win32-src-rev2.zip.

Re: Apache 2.2.0 on Win32

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Josh, glad you were successful.  I agree that your message seems to indicate
a problem; did you copy the entire installed Apache2 directory?

If you have, what OS's are those two machines (the working and non-working
ones?)  The newest 2.2 version now has absolute dependencies upon ldap.
Which flavor of visual studio did you use to build?