Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by jhoare <Ja...@net-a-porter.com> on 2009/05/18 19:00:55 UTC

mod_jk emptysessionpath and jvmroute replacement

Hi, our app currently relies on using the attribute
emptysessionpath=true on the ajp connector due to having most of our
urls not containing the context path of our web app. We are having
trouble with the jvmroute switching as the Tomcat code doesn't appear to
check if the jvmroute is valid for that node? I noticed in the
org.apache.catalina.session.ManagerBase there is some code that is
commented out, which would fix the route replacement.

We don't currently use clustering so we can't use the
org.apache.catalina.ha.session.JvmRouteBinderValve, would I need to
raise a change request to get the code below in the next release? Or is
there any other options available to us?

Thanks

code from ManagerBase:

if (sessionId == null) {
            sessionId = generateSessionId();
        // FIXME WHy we need no duplication check?
        /*
             synchronized (sessions) {
                while (sessions.get(sessionId) != null) { // Guarantee
                    // uniqueness
                    duplicates++;
                    sessionId = generateSessionId();
                }
            }
        */

            // FIXME: Code to be used in case route replacement is needed
            /*
        } else {
            String jvmRoute = getJvmRoute();
            if (getJvmRoute() != null) {
                String requestJvmRoute = null;
                int index = sessionId.indexOf(".");
                if (index > 0) {
                    requestJvmRoute = sessionId
                            .substring(index + 1, sessionId.length());
                }
                if (requestJvmRoute != null &&
!requestJvmRoute.equals(jvmRoute)) {
                    sessionId = sessionId.substring(0, index) + "." +
jvmRoute;
                }
            }
            */
        }

Stella McCartney's exclusive collection for NET-A-PORTER.COM has arrived! Watch & shop it here: www.net-a-porter.com/stella

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
The information in this email is confidential and is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not read, use or disseminate the information. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Net a Porter Ltd.

Net A Porter Ltd is a company registered in England & Wales Number: 3820604 Registered Office: The Dome, Whiteleys Centre, 151 Queensway, London, W2 4YN.