Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Makepeace <da...@yahoo.com> on 2002/08/19 23:07:48 UTC

RE: Trouble de-serializing objects when running 4.0.4 as NT servi ce

Thanks,

It appears that the problem only occurs when I get my
database connection from a JNDI datasource as
described in server.xml. I am going to try using
Jakarta DBCP for my connection pooling instead.

The class that was not being found was in the same
package as the class that was calling it (in the
Web-Inf\classes\...). So I don't know what the heck's
going on there. Since I was using the JNDI resource,
my db driver jar was in the common\lib . I tried
moving my classes there , but still got a
ClassCastException.

The user that starts the service is the same as the
launcher of the batch file.

JAVA_HOME was the same.

Hopefully Jakarta DBCP will save me.

Thanks for the suggestions from u and ope.