Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ian McFarland <im...@neo.com> on 2002/07/12 03:46:57 UTC

What happened to the mod webapp binaries?

Hello,

I'm trying to do a new install with Apache, and lo, I can't find the
webapp connector binaries anywhere. All the bin directories are empty,
and the release directory has "apr" in it, which unless they added
mod_webapp functionality to the Apache Portable Runtime, isn't what I
want.

(see http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-
connectors/webapp/release/v1.2.0/src/)

Am I just looking in the wrong place? I promise I read the directions
and looked in what seemed to be the appropriate places.

Thanks in advance,
-Ian McFarland

Re: What happened to the mod webapp binaries?

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.
If you're integrating with Apache, you probably want mod_jk anyway.
 mod_webapp will not let Apache serve static content - mod_jk will.  I
can't think of any reason to use Tomcat + Apache except for having
Apache serve the static content - so you might want to reconsider which
connector you're trying to use.

Regards,

Eddie