Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Daniel Tiefenauer <Da...@crealogix.com> on 2014/04/25 09:07:34 UTC

FlexUnit 4.2 ant build broken

Hi there
I just tried to build the FlexUnit 4.2 release from  https://github.com/apache/flex-flexunit

Apparently there are a few typos which terminates the build script (when running 'ant' or 'ant package') because the Fluint and FlexUnit1Lib-SWCs cannot be downloaded:
Files:

*         FlexUnit4Test/downloads.xml (Lines 241 and 294)

o   IS: <param name="srcUrl" value="https://github.com/flexunit/flexunit/raw/master/FlexUnit4Test/libs/"/>

o   SHOULD: <param name="srcUrl" value="https://github.com/flexunit/flexunit/raw/master/FlexUnit4Test/libs"/>

*         FlexUnit4FluintExtensions/downloads.xml (Line 112)

o   IS: <param name="srcUrl" value="https://github.com/flexunit/flexunit/raw/master/FlexUnit4Test/libs/"/>

o   SHOULD: <param name="srcUrl" value="https://github.com/flexunit/flexunit/raw/master/FlexUnit4Test/libs"/>

Notice the trailing forward slash in the 'value'-property. Remove it and everything works smoothly.

You probably already noticed this yourself, just wanted to make sure.

Cheers
Daniel
http://www.tiefenauer.info

RE: FlexUnit 4.2 ant build broken

Posted by "Michael A. Labriola" <la...@digitalprimates.net>.
>By the way: I read in this post [1] that FlexUnit 4.2 will support Code Coverage with Apparat. When will this be available?
People are needed to work on it

Jason Gardner did some great work on this [1], but it would require work to get it into Apache. This is still the goal for anyone who can help.

>But I always get a "java.lang.NoClasDefFoundError". Is this feature supposed to work?
Yes, it was all working at one point on the old FlexUnit build server (we kept metrics on our own code coverage) but is possible things have broken since then through various changes and certainly was never tested with Java 8. I will try to take a look at this when I can but can't promise a timeline yet.

Mike

[1] https://code.google.com/p/flexunit-with-code-coverage/

AW: FlexUnit 4.2 ant build broken

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi,

I too encountered some problems with the FlexUnit build on Windows 7 ... I fixed all issues by adjusting one of the URLs in the ant script, which caused a double "/" in the url for downloading something related with Fluint support.

It seems the original github location no longer exists and github forwards the client to another url, but in the case of the double "/" this doesn't work. By removing the "/" I got everything to build.
I'll re-check my changes and commit them this weekend.

One other thing I noticed is that we are downloading binary files from the old flexunit github account ... I think it would be a good Idea to change these urls. Eventually we could download the third party libs from maven central (You can download from Maven Central as you can from any other location).

Chris

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,