Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Grzegorz Hałajko <gr...@linuxpolska.pl> on 2015/04/14 10:40:16 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Drools 6.2 i servicemix 6.0

Hi

I would like to add Drools 6.2 to SerwiceMix 6.2

And this is my proposal:

https://github.com/cybermaniax/servicemix/commit/00e0c8480e0d8f3f46f552e20c5bc44a52be8411

New feature will be
"mvn:org.apache.servicemix/apache-servicemix/6.0.0-SNAPSHOT/xml/drools6"

I was inspired by drools-karaf-features but in my version I changed
versions in external bundles (e.g. camel , cxf ) to supported in
ServiceMix.

Also I see another way to create features.xml. One big feature e.g drools6
with all bundles (kie,drools,jbpm), from projekt  and another three
supported camel, spring  and blueprint.

What do you think?

Regards
GH

--
Grzegorz Hałajko
gpg: 4096R/CCB9AB0A

Re: [PROPOSAL] Drools 6.2 i servicemix 6.0

Posted by Grzegorz Hałajko <gr...@linuxpolska.pl>.
>From My point of view, I talking about taking responsibility. It is
difficult to support the solution where environment configuration give wide
range of possibilities
ServiceMix it's bunch of libraries in some fixed version, not range of
versions. Because this everybody can find it in raw Karaf. So if We want
add drools to SM also We need using libs in versions that We choose in SM
releases.

I will add path to issue
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SM-2497

thx

Posted by Krzysztof Sobkowiak <kr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Grzegorz Hałajko <gr...@linuxpolska.pl>.
Nice. org.apache.servicemix.drools it will be better.

So. My proposal

https://github.com/cybermaniax/servicemix/commit/e48a3f21cd598a40b57aa329791bb1a7d79ef435

With separate repository will be difficult maintenance relation between SM
and features in that repository.
For example which project should be released earlier SM or
servicemix-features.

drools-karaf-features have own lifecycle but without relation with SM.
Maybe it's better to do a patch to drools-karaf-features ?

> Hi Grzegorz
>

> I think, you mean ServiceMix 6.0.0.
>
> It looks good for me. I prefer the modularized version of the feature
> (exactly like it looks now). It is more flexible
> and can be better extended with additional features.
>
> We can eventually create a new maven submodule drools
> (org.apache.servicemix/drools) in ServiceMix. It could contain a
> submodule feature(org.apache.servicemix.drools/feature) containing this
> feature. Your feature would be accessible with ulr:
>
> mvn:org.apache.servicemix.drools/feature/6.0.0-SNAPSHOT/xml/feature
>

> We can think once (when haveng more such features) about extracting this
> submodule in a separate repository (something
> like servicemix-features) with own lifecycle.
>
> We have already an issue for the new feature
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SM-2497
>

> Regards
> Krzysztof
>

> On 14.04.2015 10:40, Grzegorz Hałajko wrote:
> > Hi
> >

> > I would like to add Drools 6.2 to SerwiceMix 6.2
> >
> > And this is my proposal:
> >

> https://github.com/cybermaniax/servicemix/commit/00e0c8480e0d8f3f46f552e20c5bc44a52be8411
> >
> > New feature will be
> > "mvn:org.apache.servicemix/apache-servicemix/6.0.0-SNAPSHOT/xml/drools6"
> >
> > I was inspired by drools-karaf-features but in my version I changed
> > versions in external bundles (e.g. camel , cxf ) to supported in
> > ServiceMix.
> >
> > Also I see another way to create features.xml. One big feature e.g
> drools6
> > with all bundles (kie,drools,jbpm), from projekt  and another three
> > supported camel, spring  and blueprint.
> >
> > What do you think?
> >
> > Regards
> > GH
> >

> --
> Krzysztof Sobkowiak
>
> JEE & OSS Architect
> Apache Software Foundation Member
> Apache ServiceMix <http://servicemix.apache.org/> Committer & PMC chair
> Senior Solution Architect @ Capgemini SSC <
> http://www.pl.capgemini-sdm.com/en/>

--
Grzegorz Hałajko
tel: +48 784 488 241

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [PROPOSAL] Drools 6.2 i servicemix 6.0

Posted by Krzysztof Sobkowiak <kr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Grzegorz