Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Peter Kesch <p....@web.de> on 2005/09/01 19:49:36 UTC

NTLM authentification failed with large data

Hi *,

i have a little problem using axis to access an webservice with integrated authentification.
We try to access a .NET WebServices with a java client by using axis.
This works fine until the authentification on the IIS is turned on.

After activating the NTLM authentification we can only access the webservice
if the data of the first request fills only one tcp packet.

For example, if i send a short soap request to request data from the service there is no problem with the authentification.
If i try to send exporteted data from our system to the service and there was no request with authentification before this than i get a "connection reset".

If the initial request has more than one tcp packet than the iis sends an "401"
answer for the first packet und an "RST" for all other packets.

After this axis throws an exception "Connection reset".

I don't know if this problem is caused by axis or common-httpclient.

Hope someone can give me a hint how to solve it.

We use:

Axis 1.2.1
Common-httpclient3RC3
Jdk-1.4.2_08 (_09 and 1.5.0_04 has se same behaviour)

CommonsHttpSender is activated setting the transfer for http in the client-deploy.wsdd it and configuring the locator with an EngineConfiguration which loads this file.

The WebServer is an Microsoft IIS 5.0 with activated integrated
authentification.

Regards

Peter

P.S. Hope you can understand my description.