Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Netzmühle Internetagentur OG <of...@netzmuehle.at> on 2012/03/02 11:32:24 UTC

Very large DBPedia Index

Hi all,

for our early adopter stanbol integration project we tried to integrate
a very large DBPedia Index. We have downloaded the full index and tried
to index it but our server has not enough computing power.

So my question is if anyone has already built a full (multilingual, at
least english and german) dbpedia index and can we download this index
somewhere?

Best,
Martin

--
Lernen Sie das sensationell neue Online-Shop-Konzept speziell
für kreative Jungunternehmer und erfolgreiche Lifestyle-Marken kennen.

Netzmühle Internetagentur OG
Franz-Josef-Straße 24
5020 Salzburg
Österreich

Tel.: +43 662 216699

E-Mail: office@netzmuehle.at
Web: www.netzmuehle.at
      www.arzt-webdesign.com
      www.neoshopia.eu

FB: www.facebook.com/netzmuehle

UID: ATU66097216
Firmenbuch: FN 355392 k

Re: Very large DBPedia Index

Posted by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>.
On 02.03.2012, at 11:32, Netzmühle Internetagentur OG wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> for our early adopter stanbol integration project we tried to integrate a very large DBPedia Index. We have downloaded the full index and tried to index it but our server has not enough computing power.

Indexing times mainly depend on the speed of the hard disk. The memory and CPU requirements are not very high. So if you can get you hands on a SSD give it an other try. Especially normal notebook HDs are not up to the challenge (SDD -> 4k+ IO/sec; Notebook HD -> ~100 IO/sec)

Note: Do not forget to remove already imported RDF files from "{indexing-root}/indexing/resource/rdfdata". Importing them in Jena TDB takes quite some time and you need only do that once.

> So my question is if anyone has already built a full (multilingual, at least english and german) dbpedia index and can we download this index somewhere?

I would suggest to start with one of the indexes available at

    http://dev.iks-project.eu/downloads/stanbol-indices/

I would start with

    http://dev.iks-project.eu/downloads/stanbol-indices/dbpedia-3.7/

This should allow you to start testing. In parallel you can than check what additional data you would like to have. If you than have an idea about you needs you can again try build you own index.

best
Rupert