Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by jamal sasha <ja...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/29 22:38:59 UTC

Writing data in db instead of hdfs

Hi,

  Is it possible to save data in database (HBase, cassandra??) directly
from hadoop.
so that there is no output in hdfs but that it directly writes data into
this db?

If I want to modify wordcount example to achive this, what/where should I
made these modifications.
Any help/ suggestions.
Thanks

Re: Writing data in db instead of hdfs

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
Hello Jamal,

    Yes, it is possible. You could use TableReducer to do that. Use it
instead of the normal reducer in your wordcount example. Alternatively you
could use HFileOutputFormat to write directly to HFiles.

Warm Regards,
Tariq
cloudfront.blogspot.com

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.