Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by yun lee <yu...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/15 18:10:31 UTC

problem on building Derby on Eclipses of different Versions

Hi, everyone.

I have tested building Derby on Windows. Dos is OK. But when testing
building on Eclipse following instructions on [1.], I met some
problems: Eclipse-SDK-3.2-win32 is also OK, problem is on
Eclipse-java-galileo-SR2-win32: if launching building from project
menu or Ctl+B, everything is OK, while clicking the "all" target in
Ant view directly, the process will block when compiling 93 source
files for jdbc4stubs. I list the output of the console below:
"
Buildfile: D:\workspace\derby\build.xml
checkCompilerLevel:
setInitialProperties:
init:
    [mkdir] Created dir: D:\workspace\derby\classes
    [mkdir] Created dir: D:\workspace\derby\classes\empty
ensuresanitystate:
evaluate.sane:
ensuresanitystate.sane:
ensuresanitystate.insane:
insane:
[propertyfile] Creating new property file:
D:\workspace\derby\java\engine\state.properties
setissane:
prebuild:
compile:
    [javac] Compiling 1 source file to D:\workspace\derby\classes
build:
setCompilerProperties:
printCompilerProperties:
[setJdkProperties] Setting property java15compile.classpath to
F:\ProgramFiles\Java\jdk1.5.0_16\jre\lib\charsets.jar;F:\ProgramFiles\Java\jdk1.5.0_16\jre\lib\deploy.jar;F:\ProgramFiles\Java\jdk1.5.0_16\jre\lib\javaws.jar;F:\ProgramFiles\Java\jdk1.5.0_16\jre\lib\jce.jar;F:\ProgramFiles\Java\jdk1.5.0_16\jre\lib\jsse.jar;F:\ProgramFiles\Java\jdk1.5.0_16\jre\lib\plugin.jar;F:\ProgramFiles\Java\jdk1.5.0_16\jre\lib\rt.jar
printCompilerProperties:
jsr169stubs:
    [mkdir] Created dir: D:\workspace\derby\classes\stubs
    [mkdir] Created dir: D:\workspace\derby\classes\stubs\jsr169
    [javac] Compiling 26 source files to D:\workspace\derby\classes\stubs\jsr169
jdbc3stubs:
    [mkdir] Created dir: D:\workspace\derby\classes\stubs\jdbc3
    [javac] Compiling 43 source files to D:\workspace\derby\classes\stubs\jdbc3
jdbc4stubs:
    [mkdir] Created dir: D:\workspace\derby\classes\stubs\jdbc4
    [javac] Compiling 93 source files to D:\workspace\derby\classes\stubs\jdbc4
".

Has anyboday met the same problem? Does it just caused by different
versions of Eclipse?

Thanks.

Sincerely
Yun

[1.] http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/BuildingDerby?highlight=%28eclipse%29#Using_Eclipse_to_Build_Derby

Re: problem on building Derby on Eclipses of different Versions

Posted by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 9:10 AM, yun lee <yu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, everyone.
>
> I have tested building Derby on Windows. Dos is OK. But when testing
> building on Eclipse following instructions on [1.], I met some
> problems: Eclipse-SDK-3.2-win32 is also OK, problem is on
> Eclipse-java-galileo-SR2-win32: if launching building from project
> menu or Ctl+B, everything is OK, while clicking the "all" target in
> Ant view directly, the process will block when compiling 93 source
> files for jdbc4stubs. I list the output of the console below:
> "
> Buildfile: D:\workspace\derby\build.xml
> checkCompilerLevel:
> setInitialProperties:
> init:
>    [mkdir] Created dir: D:\workspace\derby\classes
>    [mkdir] Created dir: D:\workspace\derby\classes\empty
> ensuresanitystate:
> evaluate.sane:
> ensuresanitystate.sane:
> ensuresanitystate.insane:
> insane:
> [propertyfile] Creating new property file:
> D:\workspace\derby\java\engine\state.properties
> setissane:
> prebuild:
> compile:
>    [javac] Compiling 1 source file to D:\workspace\derby\classes
> build:
> setCompilerProperties:
> printCompilerProperties:
> [setJdkProperties] Setting property java15compile.classpath to
> F:\ProgramFiles\Java\jdk1.5.0_16\jre\lib\charsets.jar;F:\ProgramFiles\Java\jdk1.5.0_16\jre\lib\deploy.jar;F:\ProgramFiles\Java\jdk1.5.0_16\jre\lib\javaws.jar;F:\ProgramFiles\Java\jdk1.5.0_16\jre\lib\jce.jar;F:\ProgramFiles\Java\jdk1.5.0_16\jre\lib\jsse.jar;F:\ProgramFiles\Java\jdk1.5.0_16\jre\lib\plugin.jar;F:\ProgramFiles\Java\jdk1.5.0_16\jre\lib\rt.jar
> printCompilerProperties:
> jsr169stubs:
>    [mkdir] Created dir: D:\workspace\derby\classes\stubs
>    [mkdir] Created dir: D:\workspace\derby\classes\stubs\jsr169
>    [javac] Compiling 26 source files to D:\workspace\derby\classes\stubs\jsr169
> jdbc3stubs:
>    [mkdir] Created dir: D:\workspace\derby\classes\stubs\jdbc3
>    [javac] Compiling 43 source files to D:\workspace\derby\classes\stubs\jdbc3
> jdbc4stubs:
>    [mkdir] Created dir: D:\workspace\derby\classes\stubs\jdbc4
>    [javac] Compiling 93 source files to D:\workspace\derby\classes\stubs\jdbc4
> ".
>
> Has anyboday met the same problem? Does it just caused by different
> versions of Eclipse?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Sincerely
> Yun
>

> [1.] http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/BuildingDerby?highlight=%28eclipse%29#Using_Eclipse_to_Build_Derby

Hi Yun,

There have been various reports about building trouble with different
versions of Eclipse...I believe it's usually a matter of setting up.
Sometimes an upgrade is attempted and results in strange behavior
which a clean install resolves...

One thing I think to verify is what version of jvm is 'first' in the
list of jvms/Java Build Path. I've been using a 1.6 jvm.

Another thing you can  do is to run the build with
printCompilerProperties=true in the galileo version and the 3.2
version and compare the results. You'll have to navigate to the area
for adding properties.

HTH
Myrna

Re: problem on building Derby on Eclipses of different Versions

Posted by yun lee <yu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Myrna and Kathey.

I have checked following your advice. I have done the tests on the
identical JVM 1.5, and the properties are also identical with the help
of printCompilerProperties = true. It seems a problem of
compatibility.

 And in the following days I will focus on my GSOC work. Could you
show me some simple issues as a entry, please?

Thanks a lot!

Yun

Posted by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.