Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by imacat <im...@mail.imacat.idv.tw> on 2012/08/23 08:57:20 UTC

Easy Crashing with 3.4.1 RC2

Dear all,

    I've been using 3.4.1 since last Friday.  It became very easy to
crash.  I'm not sure if this is a local problem or not.  Has anyone
experience the same issue with me?

    I'm still diagnotise.  I hope this is only a local problem.

--
Best regards,
imacat ^_*' <im...@mail.imacat.idv.tw>

Re: Easy Crashing with 3.4.1 RC2

Posted by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

On 23.08.2012 10:34, Raphael Bircher wrote:
> Am 23.08.12 10:21, schrieb imacat:
>> On 2012/08/23 16:06, Rory O'Farrell said:

>>> I have 3.4.1 running on Ubuntu 11.10.  My use is mainly for text editing, but I have done very little of that in the past few days; I have had no crashes.
>>>
>>> Personal experience and reports on the User Forum indicate that the default startup User Profile can sometimes be corrupt, even on "clean" (i.e, no previous OO) installs.  We on the Forum know that a very large proportion of OpenOffice problems can be cured by using a new User Profile.  In the case of an advanced user, with much customisation in the profile, it is possible to rename the old profile and later bring forward components individually to the new profile until the bad component is isolated.  Life is not long enough for this, in my opinion!
>>>
>>      Sorry for being stupid.  It works after renaming the user profile on
>> Debian.  Sorry that I was not reminded of this solution.
>>
>>      There may be another issue for us to make OpenOffice more resistnce
>> to corrupted profiles.  But that's another problem.
>>
>>      I shall test my other OSs now.
>>
> The big question is, why you have the same problem at souveral different
> system at the same time. This can't be a random for my point of view.
> Let's investegate a bit more time in this problem. I feel realy not
> comfortable with such a situation. :-(

Until now, I could not reproduce this behavior.
May be it would help, if somebody who had this problem, keeps her/his profile
folder and shares it.

Best regards, Oliver.

Re: Easy Crashing with 3.4.1 RC2

Posted by Raphael Bircher <rb...@apache.org>.

Posted by imacat <im...@mail.imacat.idv.tw>.

Posted by imacat <im...@mail.imacat.idv.tw>.
On 2012/08/23 16:06, Rory O'Farrell said:
> On Thu, 23 Aug 2012 15:49:15 +0800
> imacat <im...@mail.imacat.idv.tw> wrote:
>
>> On 2012/8/23 03:20pm, Rory O'Farrell said:

>>> Have you tried the usual first course with OpenOffice, namely renaming your User Profile, or logging on as a different User, so as to iuse a default profile?
>>
>>     Hmm...  This worth a try.  I was not reminded of it.  I shall come
>> back later.
>>
>>     My OSs are Windows 7, Debian Squeeze, Fedora 17, openSUSE 12.1, etc.

    Thanks to Raphael's persistent help, it seems to be a problem to my
older profile.  After removed the {profile}/3/user/extensions folder and
it works fine now.  I suppose it is a problem using 3.2 along with 3.4.

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.

Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: Easy Crashing with 3.4.1 RC2

Posted by imacat <im...@mail.imacat.idv.tw>.