Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tobias Quosigk <tq...@kennesaw.edu> on 2011/10/05 16:41:42 UTC

Problem with Tomcat 6.0.33 Session replication

I'm running 2 servers with Tomcat 6.0.33 and session replication.
 Tomcat session replication only works with Tomcat starting the first time the server (Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit) boots.

When I stop and then start the Tomcat service via Windows Services, session replication will no longer work until the next reboot of that server (the Tomcat service is automatically started on startup).

Has anybody experienced this before or have any pointers on where to start looking for issues? In the catalina logs, the only indicator I get is:

INFO: Manager [/cas]: skipping state transfer. No members active in cluster group.

Thank you,
Tobias

Re: Problem with Tomcat 6.0.33 Session replication

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
On 05.10.2011 16:41, Tobias Quosigk wrote:
> I'm running 2 servers with Tomcat 6.0.33 and session replication.
>  Tomcat session replication only works with Tomcat starting the first time the server (Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit) boots.
>
> When I stop and then start the Tomcat service via Windows Services, session replication will no longer work until the next reboot of that server (the Tomcat service is automatically started on startup).
>
> Has anybody experienced this before or have any pointers on where to start looking for issues? In the catalina logs, the only indicator I get is:
>
> INFO: Manager [/cas]: skipping state transfer. No members active in cluster group.

Never used clustering on Windows, but your description sounds like
Windows might do something wrong with multicast registrations.

You could increase the cluster log levels to debug so you will see the
multicast packets between the cluster nodes.

Regards,

Rainer