Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Wagstaff, Jason" <Wa...@msx.umsl.edu> on 2002/10/28 17:51:16 UTC

best way to transform resultset --> xml --> xsl --> pdf ?

I am a bit new to fop and creating pdf's dynamically.  I have a servlet
that is querying a db and returning html to a webpage.  what I would
like it to do is be able to return different outputs depended on what a
user selects.  I have been reading up on ways to transform the resultset
to different xml types and wondering what is the best method/api's to
use to get from resultset to pdf?

jason

Re: best way to transform resultset --> xml --> xsl --> pdf ?

Posted by Konstantin Priblouda <kp...@yahoo.com>.
--- "Wagstaff, Jason" <Wa...@msx.umsl.edu> wrote:
> I am a bit new to fop and creating pdf's
> dynamically.  I have a servlet
> that is querying a db and returning html to a
> webpage.  what I would
> like it to do is be able to return different outputs
> depended on what a
> user selects.  I have been reading up on ways to
> transform the resultset
> to different xml types and wondering what is the
> best method/api's to
> use to get from resultset to pdf?

look at the velocity - this is pretty lightweight
template engine which help you to produce
either xml for further xslt processing or just FO

( though you probably would choose to produce plain
xml,  then transform it to whatever form user likes,
and then render it with FOP )

Velocity lives here:
http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity

regards,

=====
Konstantin Priblouda ( ko5tik )    Freelance Software developer
< http://www.pribluda.de > < play java games -> http://www.yook.de >
< render charts online -> http://www.pribluda.de/povray/ >

http://webhosting.yahoo.com/