Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> on 2009/08/03 21:32:54 UTC

Welcome Robert Muir as Lucene Java contrib committer

The Lucene PMC is pleased to announce that Robert Muir has accepted an
invitation to join the Lucene community as a contrib committer.
Robert has contributed a number of advances related to foreign
language analysis and other capabilities in the Lucene contrib.

Robert, tradition has it that you reply to this email with a little
background about yourself as way of introduction, so with that I will
pass the baton with a hearty welcome aboard.

Congrats,
Grant

Re: Welcome Robert Muir as Lucene Java contrib committer

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
Welcome Robert!

Great to have you here!

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 1:02 AM, Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> wrote:

> The Lucene PMC is pleased to announce that Robert Muir has accepted an
> invitation to join the Lucene community as a contrib committer.  Robert has
> contributed a number of advances related to foreign language analysis and
> other capabilities in the Lucene contrib.
>
> Robert, tradition has it that you reply to this email with a little
> background about yourself as way of introduction, so with that I will pass
> the baton with a hearty welcome aboard.
>
> Congrats,
> Grant

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: Welcome Robert Muir as Lucene Java contrib committer

Posted by Michael Busch <bu...@gmail.com>.
What a terrible timing! A week earlier and I could have assigned
LUCENE-1460 to you, Robert... :)

Just kidding, very happy that you're aboard!

  Michael

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
Welcome Robert! Good to have you in the team!

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de
Posted by Simon Willnauer <si...@googlemail.com>.
Cool! Good Stuff. Happy to have you here Robert!

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
Welcome Robert!

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
Welcome Robert!

Posted by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com>.
Grant, thanks for the nice introduction.

I will give a try at this introduction thing: I have a computer
science background, but the last few years I have been meddling with
languages more than developing software. Maybe this has caused my
software skills to be a little rusty! Currently, I work for Abraxas
Corporation as a software developer. I was born in North Carolina
(USA), but currently live in the Northern Virginia... not too far from
home.

I really enjoy working with this community, there is real
collaboration going on here! As Grant mentioned, I especially enjoy
trying to help improve language support. Immediately though, lets work
towards a release!

Thanks,
Robert

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 3:32 PM, Grant Ingersoll<gs...@apache.org> wrote:
> The Lucene PMC is pleased to announce that Robert Muir has accepted an
> invitation to join the Lucene community as a contrib committer.  Robert has
> contributed a number of advances related to foreign language analysis and
> other capabilities in the Lucene contrib.
>
> Robert, tradition has it that you reply to this email with a little
> background about yourself as way of introduction, so with that I will pass
> the baton with a hearty welcome aboard.
>
> Congrats,
> Grant

Robert Muir
rcmuir@gmail.com

Re: Welcome Robert Muir as Lucene Java contrib committer

Posted by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com>.
Grant, thanks for the nice introduction.

I will give a try at this introduction thing: I have a computer
science background, but the last few years I have been meddling with
languages more than developing software. Maybe this has caused my
software skills to be a little rusty! Currently, I work for Abraxas
Corporation as a software developer. I was born in North Carolina
(USA), but currently live in the Northern Virginia... not too far from
home.

I really enjoy working with this community, there is real
collaboration going on here! As Grant mentioned, I especially enjoy
trying to help improve language support. Immediately though, lets work
towards a release!

Thanks,
Robert

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 3:32 PM, Grant Ingersoll<gs...@apache.org> wrote:
> The Lucene PMC is pleased to announce that Robert Muir has accepted an
> invitation to join the Lucene community as a contrib committer.  Robert has
> contributed a number of advances related to foreign language analysis and
> other capabilities in the Lucene contrib.
>
> Robert, tradition has it that you reply to this email with a little
> background about yourself as way of introduction, so with that I will pass
> the baton with a hearty welcome aboard.
>
> Congrats,
> Grant

Robert Muir
rcmuir@gmail.com

Re: Welcome Robert Muir as Lucene Java contrib committer

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1, welcome aboard!

Note to whom it may concern:
Someone please give Robert his super JIRA karma so that I can properly
assign him LUCENE-1628.

- Mark

Grant Ingersoll wrote:
> The Lucene PMC is pleased to announce that Robert Muir has accepted an
> invitation to join the Lucene community as a contrib committer.
> Robert has contributed a number of advances related to foreign
> language analysis and other capabilities in the Lucene contrib.
>
> Robert, tradition has it that you reply to this email with a little
> background about yourself as way of introduction, so with that I will
> pass the baton with a hearty welcome aboard.
>
> Congrats,
> Grant

- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com

Re: Welcome Robert Muir as Lucene Java contrib committer

Posted by Michael Busch <bu...@gmail.com>.