Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> on 2005/07/01 11:51:44 UTC

Re: svn commit: r208646 - /cocoon/trunk/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/core/CoreUtil.java

Ralph Goers wrote:
> I would have no problem with that if LoggerManager had a method that was
> called at the beginning of a request.  If that was the case I wouldn't
> even be using the Cocoon ContextMap as our LoggingFramework has its own
> equivalent (for Log4J NDC type stuff).  This would actually simplify my
> code.  What would the method signature look like?

I'm thinking of providing an ExtendedLoggerManager interface that
extends the LoggerManager by two methods:
Object createPerRequestLoggingContext(Environment env);
void cleanupPerRequestLoggingContext(Object o)

The first method is called at the beginning of each request and can
return a handle which is used as input to the second method at the end
of each request.

WDYT?

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de