Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ray Nicholus <rn...@widen.com> on 2011/06/01 15:39:34 UTC

updating a zone on form submit

Any idea how I can do this?  When I return a MultiZoneUpdate from my submit
handler, I get the following exception:

 Return type org.apache.tapestry5.ajax.MultiZoneUpdate can not be handled.

Re: updating a zone on form submit

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, 01 Jun 2011 11:04:07 -0300, Ray Nicholus <rn...@widen.com>
wrote:

> Thanks for the info.  Where exactly do I put the javascript dragon
> listed?

Recommended ways: in a .js file added to the page by @Import or via
JavaScriptSupport.addScript().

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor

Re: updating a zone on form submit

Posted by Ray Nicholus <rn...@widen.com>.
works now.  thanks!

Posted by "dragan.sahpaskix@gmail.com" <dr...@gmail.com>.
The form will change it's id on a zone update, so either manualy generate it
or maybe do it like this

@InjectComponent
private Form addToLightboxForm;

public String getAddToLightboxFormId(){

return addToLightboxForm.getClientId();

}

and
onchange="$('${addToLightboxFormId}').fire(Tapestry.FORM_PROCESS_SUBMIT_EVENT);"
Cheers,
Dragan Sahpaski

Posted by Ray Nicholus <rn...@widen.com>.

Posted by "dragan.sahpaskix@gmail.com" <dr...@gmail.com>.
It works good for me.

Posted by Ray Nicholus <rn...@widen.com>.

Posted by "dragan.sahpaskix@gmail.com" <dr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ray Nicholus <rn...@widen.com>.

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ray Nicholus <rn...@widen.com>.
I guess I'm not sure what zone I need to specify in the form tag or why I
need to specify a zone at all.  I only want to update a zone if one
particular option in the form's Select component is selected.  In fact, when
a new item in the Select is selected, I am submitting the form via
javascript (onchange=this.form.submit()).  I then check the selected value
in the submit handler. If the value is "A", I return a MZU for a particular
zone.  Otherwise, I do something else.

Posted by Taha Tapestry <ta...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "dragan.sahpaskix@gmail.com" <dr...@gmail.com>.
Probably the request is not ajax.

You can do it like this, but don't forget to bind the zone parameter in the
form