Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Wei Tan <wt...@us.ibm.com> on 2012/12/02 18:21:00 UTC

Meaure server time of Get/Scan - through RPC logging?

Hi I am using YCSB to measure the performance of some complex Get/Scan,
i.e., with some filters. I found that I got weird high latency from YCSB
client but both HBase server and YCSB client are NOT saturated (in terms
of network, I/O, CPU). So I want to measure the server time a single
Get/Scan takes.

Is there a way to do it? From the documentation it seems that RPC logging
is a place to look but the semantics of the logging is not well-documented
so I wonder 1) if RPC logging is the right approach and 2) how I can
interpret it correctly.

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Wei