Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Abhi Basu <90...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/26 14:43:02 UTC

Solr 4.9 - configs and collections

Running on MS HDInsight and Solr 4.9.What is the BKM for creation, update,
delete of configurations and collections?

I do the following:

1. First I create the zk config:
sudo zkcli.sh -cmd upconfig -zkhost zknode
<http://zk1-esohad.tzun3mpncofedp04lr3ird23xc.jx.internal.cloudapp.net/>:2181
-confdir /home/sshuser/ems-collection-49/conf/ -confname ems-collection

2. Then I create the collection:
curl '
http://headnode0:8983/solr/admin/collections?action=CREATE&name=ems-collection&numShards=2&replicationFactor=2&maxShardsPerNode=1
'

This works the first time. When I change the zk config, do I run the same
command #1? Also, do I do a reload:

curl '
http://headnode0:8983/solr/admin/collections?action=RELOAD&name=ems-collection
'

Or, do I need to delete and recreate the collection?

Very familiar with CDH solrctl commands that make life easier by only
having one command for this. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Abhi

--
Abhi Basu

Re: Solr 4.9 - configs and collections

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Yes, use the same command to upload a config. Yes, you need to reload
a collection.

Lots of this functionality is in the newer bin/solr scripts, 4.9 is
3.5 years old.

Best,
Erick

Posted by Abhi Basu <90...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the explanations, very helpful.

One more question, what is the sequence to delete the collection? If I use
the rest api to delete the collection, then when I go to create it again, I
sometimes get an error message saying shard already present. How to clean
up the underlying directories on all the nodes?

Thanks,

Abhi

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.