Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by cs user <ac...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/21 19:13:42 UTC

Development and building of ui components

Hi Folks,

If you are modifying the code (javascript for example) under the following
directory within the cloudstack project:

ui/scripts/

And lets say I'm buidling and starting the simulator with the following:

mvn -Pdeveloper -pl developer -Ddeploydb

mvn -Pdeveloper -pl developer -Ddeploydb-simulator

mvn -P simulator -pl :cloud-client-ui jetty:run

Is there a maven command to rebuild just the UI components so that my
javascript modifications are immediately included and will appear in the
next run?

I'm finding that I'm having to do a complete mvn clean, and then a rebuild
of the entire project for it to pickup the changes..... for small changes
this takes a huge amount of time.

Many thanks in advance for any help with this.

Cheers!

Re: Development and building of ui components

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
mvn -rf :cloud-client-ui ? not sure and I don't think it exists. You'll
problably need to edit the project. please contribute back if you find a
convenient way.

--
Daan

Re: Development and building of ui components

Posted by Rajani Karuturi <Ra...@citrix.com>.
There might be a better but for simple js changes, I do the below and restart jetty

$ cp ./ui/scripts/domains.js ./client/target/generated-webapp/scripts/domains.js
$ rm ./client/target/generated-webapp/scripts/domains.js.gz
$ cp ui/scripts/domains.js client/target/cloud-client-ui-4.6.0-SNAPSHOT/scripts/
$ rm client/target/cloud-client-ui-4.6.0-SNAPSHOT/scripts/domains.js.gz

~Rajani