Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com> on 2009/07/28 12:38:24 UTC

Making the Content manager ui more useful

I would like to ask you about some additions to the ui of the Content
Management application, to make it more useful and integrated with the
other applications.
For example, I would like to add to the Edit Content screens some
subtabs to display and manage information about associated Products,
Parties, WorkEfforts etc... (the same data that is maintained in the
Party, Catalog etc... but seen from the other side, the Content).
The disadvantage is that this will create a dependency from Content to
the business applications, even if this is limited to the ui... but we
already have some other examples of this.
I think this would be a nice thing to have, and in the future if we
want to have a content component separated from the applications, we
may consider to split it into two parts and move one in the framework.

What do you think?

Jacopo

Re: Making the Content manager ui more useful

Posted by Vince Clark <vc...@globalera.com>.
+1

Vince Clark
www.globalera.com