Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/20 16:42:57 UTC

[DISCUSSION] Plans for the next release

Hello All,

I would like to discuss the plans for next release
Can it be long waited "5.0.0 without M"?
What features are absolutely necessary?

p.s. be realistic please :)))

--
Best regards,
Maxim

Re: [DISCUSSION] Plans for the next release

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 21 Apr 2020 at 16:20, Konrad Schwarz <Ko...@familieschwarz.eu> wrote:

> Hi All,
> i would ask for a "anonymous user".
>
> - i create a invitation Link
> - i send it to someone
> - if "someone" uses the link, he can enter a room without registration
>
> It would be fine to have a centralized parameter, how long a "anonymous
> invitation" is valid or this time is created while creating the
> invitation link ?

Invitation dialog has controls to set link validity period:
- one time
- from date - to date
- endless
select what is appropriate

(later on you can delete any invitation)

Posted by Konrad Schwarz <Ko...@FamilieSchwarz.eu>.
Hi All,

Posted by ratatouille <ra...@bitclusive.de>.
Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com> schrieb am 21.04.20 um 09:27:21 Uhr:

> I thought this thread will be about new functionality
> Something bigger than bug fixing
>
> Maybe this is good indicator 5.0.0 is almost ready for production :)
>
> >> What does the "M" mean in the releases?
>
> M === Milestone
> Something that already is not Alpha or Beta but not yet Release :)
> so the question is: Can we remove this "Please NOTE: this version
> might be not production ready" from the main site?

I don't have 5.0.0 running on a CentOS 7 right now. But I'll take the
time this week to take it online. First have to be familiar how this works
with KMS. Then I can tell.

I have version 4,x running on an old openSUSE server and there it plays
nice.

  Andreas

Re: [DISCUSSION] Plans for the next release

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
I thought this thread will be about new functionality
Something bigger than bug fixing

Maybe this is good indicator 5.0.0 is almost ready for production :)

>> What does the "M" mean in the releases?

M === Milestone
Something that already is not Alpha or Beta but not yet Release :)
so the question is: Can we remove this "Please NOTE: this version
might be not production ready" from the main site?

Mobile browsers is the must these days
I was hoping moving to Bootstrap will be very good first step to support mobiles

Unfortunately many "video windows" concept doesn't work well with bootstrap ...
(they are still jquery-ui dialogs ...)

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
thx I assigned it to myself.

Sebastian Wagner
https://www.linkedin.com/in/sebastianwagner/

Posted by ratatouille <ra...@bitclusive.de>.
Just did that.

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
Yeah please create it here:

Posted by ratatouille <ra...@bitclusive.de>.
"seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com> schrieb am 21.04.20 um 08:24:41 Uhr:

> I logged some Jira tickets against recording I am keen to look into over
> the next 1-2 weeks.
>
> With support for Mobile (Android/iOS) I am not sure how ready it is in
> terms of testing.
> Or if Mobile browser support is even the goal of version 5.0.0
>  => Do we have some sort of supported browser and OS versions ? And then if
> a platform is not 100% supported you can mark it as beta for 5.0.0.
>
> @Ratatouille:
> *Yesterday a friend of mine created a new account. When she sent an*
>
> *invitation from within OM all users with an account in OM wheresuggested
> to her with their email addresses as recipient.*
> => Can you create a ticket for this. That seems a privacy issue and not
> very hard to fix.

A ticket is created at JIRA?

  Andreas

Re: [DISCUSSION] Plans for the next release

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ratatouille <ra...@bitclusive.de>.
Hello!

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.