Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Otto van der Schaaf <os...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/18 21:28:58 UTC

Ats_speed: a port of ngx_pagespeed to Apache Traffic Server

Hi all,

A few days ago, we
announced<http://blog.iispeed.com/2013/12/google-pagespeed-optimization-and.html>
our
open source port of mod_pagespeed
to Apache Traffic Server [1].

We would love to donate our work on this to the ASF and get it into the
official ATS repo under the experimental plugins. Any thoughts?
Our intend would be to merge with LinkedIn's work on this,
and see if we can upgrade to using to the C++ api's later on.

Ats_speed <http://www.atsspeed.com/> provides automatic web performance
optimization, powered by Google PageSpeed.
The plugin was build by We-Amp  <http://www.we-amp.com/>for its online
demonstration service of PageSpeed optimization for Microsoft IIS:
IISpeed<http://www.iispeed.com/>
,
and is running production over there.
Google PageSpeed
Optimization<https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/optimization>
speeds
up websites by implementing web performance best practices.

For more information, see the ATS
Wiki<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/ats_speed>
 and www.atsspeed.com.

Kind regards,

Otto van der Schaaf
http://www.we-amp.com/

Re: Ats_speed: a port of ngx_pagespeed to Apache Traffic Server

Posted by James Peach <jp...@apache.org>.
On Dec 18, 2013, at 12:28 PM, Otto van der Schaaf <os...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> A few days ago, we
> announced<http://blog.iispeed.com/2013/12/google-pagespeed-optimization-and.html>
> our
> open source port of mod_pagespeed
> to Apache Traffic Server [1].

Congratulations, this is a great news!

> We would love to donate our work on this to the ASF and get it into the
> official ATS repo under the experimental plugins. Any thoughts?

I'm +1 in integrating a pagespeed plugin. It would be good to engage the LinkedIn devs on that.

Posted by James Peach <jp...@apache.org>.