Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by kh jo <jo...@yahoo.com> on 2011/01/17 11:55:04 UTC

Between Clause

What is the best way to model a query with between clause.. given that you have a large number of entries...

thanks
Jo

Re: Between Clause

Posted by kh jo <jo...@yahoo.com>.
another example:  generating visit statistics given that start and end date are dynamic

From: aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Date: Monday, January 17, 2011, 12:24 PM

Can you provide some more information ?
Aaron

Re: Between Clause

Posted by kh jo <jo...@yahoo.com>.
example: finding country from IP address

Mysql: I have table with 140,000 rows each with ipNumStart, IpNumEnd, Country

so to find the country I use:
WHERE ipNum BETWEEN ipNumStart AND ipNumEnd

ipNumStart   ipNumEnd    Country
16777216
    17301503      Australia
18939904
    19005439      Japan
etc
etc
etc

Re: Between Clause

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.

Re: Between Clause

Posted by Donal Zang <za...@ihep.ac.cn>.
On 17/01/2011 11:55, kh jo wrote:
> What is the best way to model a query with between clause.. given that
> you have a large number of entries...
>
> thanks
> Jo

In my experience,for the row based 'between clause' with a random
partition, you should design the column family carefully, So that you
can get all the rows' key.
In this case you can use a multi_get() instead of get_range(), and you
can do get_range() between columns in a row.