Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org> on 2008/08/26 17:37:51 UTC

Anyone know why Spring integration was renamed to integration-beans?

Hi,

I started looking at moving to 2.0.0-M3 yesterday for ApacheDS.  I thought
it was going to be trivial but lots of things have changed.  Also the spring
integration stuff has been renamed I guess to integration-beans.  At first I
looked for it and did not find spring stuff.  Took a guess and figured it
might be this thing through the process of elimination.  Anyone know why it
was renamed?

Alex

Re: Anyone know why Spring integration was renamed to integration-beans?

Posted by Mark Webb <el...@gmail.com>.
We did not want it to be "spring-centric".  The goal was to support
all of the IoC containers like xbeans, spring, pico.

Posted by "Trustin Lee (이희승)" <tr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Julien Vermillard <jv...@archean.fr>.
On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 11:37:51 -0400
"Alex Karasulu" <ak...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I started looking at moving to 2.0.0-M3 yesterday for ApacheDS.  I
> thought it was going to be trivial but lots of things have changed.
> Also the spring integration stuff has been renamed I guess to
> integration-beans.  At first I looked for it and did not find spring
> stuff.  Took a guess and figured it might be this thing through the
> process of elimination.  Anyone know why it was renamed?
>
> Alex

due to lack of doc/mails as usual, here what I understood :
 - was renamed to integration-beans, because it's support now other IoC
containers liek the jboss one
 - the chat example use the spring integration

good luck Alex with the puzzle ;)

Julien