Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by samir das mohapatra <sa...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/13 13:43:36 UTC

How to ignore empty file comming out from hive map side join

Dear Hive/Hadoop Developer

   Just I was  runing hive mapside join , along with output data I colud
see some empty file  in map stage, Why it is ? and how to ignore this file .

Regards,
samir.

Re: How to ignore empty file comming out from hive map side join

Posted by Rahul Bhattacharjee <ra...@gmail.com>.
See if this makes sense .

You mean in the output directory there are some empty files as well. Those
might have come from maps which didn't emit any pair.
Not sure if there is anything like lazy output formater which will not
create the files till its required.

Rahul

Posted by Rahul Bhattacharjee <ra...@gmail.com>.
See if this makes sense .