Posted to community@apache.org by Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org> on 2004/12/21 12:10:41 UTC

Avalon RIP

Henning Schmiedehausen wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-12-21 at 05:02, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
>
>>If there's a reasonable reason, cool.  Otherwise, maybe we can move
>>on.  There'll be no 'winner' here.
>
> But we could proclaim Stephen and Niclas "winner". Maybe this thread
> would end then and then we all would "win"...

Amen.

What once was a monolithic Avalon project has given birth to a number of
progeny... some within the ASF, and some have "graduated" to new homes
outside the ASF.  While the "birthing" processes was painful at the
time, those participating in each of the new projects appear to be happy
with their new homes.

Now... may Avalon finally Rest In Peace?  Please?

- Sam Ruby