Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Bill Houle <bh...@sandiegoca.ncr.com> on 1998/09/18 01:18:37 UTC

mod_autoindex/3026: No way to change ReadmeName/HeaderName suffixes.

>Number:         3026
>Category:       mod_autoindex
>Synopsis:       No way to change ReadmeName/HeaderName suffixes.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
ReadmeName/HeaderName assume .html suffix, which causes problems in DOS 8.3
environments which have standardized on .htm as the text/html suffix. The
feature is not accessible in this limited world.

(This is semi-serious to those of us supporting DOS clients, but in the grand
scheme of things, I guess its non-critical. :)
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
Either add ReadmeNameSuffix/HeaderNameSuffix directives (or similar) so one can
specify an explicit suffix, of change the ReadmeName/HeaderName directory
processing to iterate through all valid text/html suffixes configured for that
server.

The former might be semi-easy but require config file changes everywhere.
The latter would be totally cool, but probably more difficult to implement.