Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Reid Pinchback <rp...@tripadvisor.com> on 2019/10/30 17:39:19 UTC

Where to get old RPMs?

With the latest round of C* updates, the yum repo no longer has whatever the previous version is.  For environments that try to do more controlled stepping of release changes instead of just taking the latest, is there any URL for previous versions of RPMs?  Previous jars I can find easily enough, but not RPMs.

Re: Where to get old RPMs?

Posted by Reid Pinchback <rp...@tripadvisor.com>.
Oh, my mistake, there was also another subdirectory there with the old rpm’s, I missed that the first time.  Thanks.

From: Reid Pinchback <rp...@tripadvisor.com>
Date: Wednesday, October 30, 2019 at 1:47 PM
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org" <us...@cassandra.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Where to get old RPMs?

Message from External Sender
Alas, that wasn’t the info I was looking for Jon, the archive site you pointed to is for the jars, not the rpms.  The rpm site you pointed at only has the current, not the past point releases.  Michael had the magic link though, I’m all set.  😊

From: Jon Haddad <jo...@jonhaddad.com>
Date: Wednesday, October 30, 2019 at 1:46 PM
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org" <us...@cassandra.apache.org>

Message from External Sender
Archives are here: http://archive.apache.org/dist/cassandra/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__archive.apache.org_dist_cassandra_&d=DwMFaQ&c=9Hv6XPedRSA-5PSECC38X80c1h60_XWA4z1k_R1pROA&r=OIgB3poYhzp3_A7WgD7iBCnsJaYmspOa2okNpf6uqWc&m=RT8ws6ROpaY6sxQrxEhDMnlKYw5TmHjs2N95tiB-gE8&s=ziJyYQ3CI8ymS_g4_4FNyKklO9ng5VSdT22aZvbBiLc&e=>

For example, the RPM for 3.11.x you can find here: http://archive.apache.org/dist/cassandra/redhat/311x/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__archive.apache.org_dist_cassandra_redhat_311x_&d=DwMFaQ&c=9Hv6XPedRSA-5PSECC38X80c1h60_XWA4z1k_R1pROA&r=OIgB3poYhzp3_A7WgD7iBCnsJaYmspOa2okNpf6uqWc&m=RT8ws6ROpaY6sxQrxEhDMnlKYw5TmHjs2N95tiB-gE8&s=yA9DOlTaMJXJTy_4QVVx7BVRvjXVNWzUXZb1FZQ3uJI&e=>

The old releases are removed by Apache automatically as part of their policy, it's not specific to Cassandra.

Re: Where to get old RPMs?

Posted by Reid Pinchback <rp...@tripadvisor.com>.

Re: Where to get old RPMs?

Posted by Jon Haddad <jo...@jonhaddad.com>.

Re: Where to get old RPMs?

Posted by Reid Pinchback <rp...@tripadvisor.com>.
Thanks Michael, that was exactly the info I needed.

    On 10/30/19 12:39 PM, Reid Pinchback wrote:

    > With the latest round of C* updates, the yum repo no longer has

    > whatever the previous version is.  For environments that try to do

    > more controlled stepping of release changes instead of just taking

    > the latest, is there any URL for previous versions of RPMs?  Previous

    > jars I can find easily enough, but not RPMs.

    All the old release artifacts are archived at archive.apache.org. The

    non-latest RPMs are under the redhat/XYx/ directory for whichever major

    version you need.

    https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__archive.apache.org_dist_cassandra_redhat_&d=DwICaQ&c=9Hv6XPedRSA-5PSECC38X80c1h60_XWA4z1k_R1pROA&r=OIgB3poYhzp3_A7WgD7iBCnsJaYmspOa2okNpf6uqWc&m=9O3_kA5TUnjhQ536WNKKUYTgOlzxWCUwqbmQVwrfpSw&s=xngPBip0xqnNO9Laq8FosVyBGCbkDWxGgeZ3EcObklc&e=

    Michael

Re: Where to get old RPMs?

Posted by Michael Shuler <mi...@pbandjelly.org>.
On 10/30/19 12:39 PM, Reid Pinchback wrote:
> With the latest round of C* updates, the yum repo no longer has
> whatever the previous version is.  For environments that try to do
> more controlled stepping of release changes instead of just taking
> the latest, is there any URL for previous versions of RPMs?  Previous
> jars I can find easily enough, but not RPMs.

All the old release artifacts are archived at archive.apache.org. The
non-latest RPMs are under the redhat/XYx/ directory for whichever major
version you need.

https://archive.apache.org/dist/cassandra/redhat/

Michael