Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Sven Haiges <sv...@flavor.de> on 2001/12/13 17:19:55 UTC

Solution: 2 Databases Problem / Oracle Connection Pooling

There is a very easy solution for the 2 Databases Problem:

Oracle provides a .zip File instead a .jar file. Rename .zip to .jar and
everything works fine.

Struts cannot find the correct drivers, but the Error Messages are completely
nonsense.... (100m try-catch block?)

Things can be so easy....

cu
hansa

--

Sven Haiges
mailto:sven@flavor.de

Re: Struts/FOP

Posted by Matt Raible <ma...@yahoo.com>.
 I'm interested in this as well.  I just finished a project writing a XSL/FO stylesheet to generate a report, and did the creation through command line via a junit test suite.
If you get this figured out, let me know, I'd be happy to help publish a struts-fop example!
Matt
  "John M. Corro" <jo...@cornerstone.net> wrote: Has anyone ever generated a PDF file (via FOP) from an Action servlet? Any
implications in doing so via an Action servlet vs. a standard/plain servlet?
I've reviewed the servlet example from the FOP distro. and it seems as if as
long as I have access to the response object (which I do in the Action
servlet) I should be fine.

For those interested, the situation is that (from a servlet) I will be using
Enhydra's Zeus to generate an in-memory XML doc, then using that XML doc and
a pre-written XSL stylesheet I plan on using FOP to build a PDF doc and
shoot it back to the user's browser. Not too out of the ordinary, but I'd
like to inquire into any pitfalls.

Check out Yahoo! Shopping and Yahoo! Auctionsfor all of your holiday gifts!

Struts/FOP