Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jatinder Kaur <ja...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/17 00:44:49 UTC

How to Suppress Server Header in the HTTP Response

Hi,

I am looking for a way to suppress the server header in the HTTP Response. I
am using Tomcat version 559. Any help is appreciated.

Re: How to Suppress Server Header in the HTTP Response

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
Take a look at http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/http.html

Specifically your interested in the server attribute in the standard
implementation section.

--David

Posted by Peter Crowther <Pe...@melandra.com>.
> From: Jatinder Kaur [mailto:jatinderforums@gmail.com]
> I am looking for a way to suppress the server header in the
> HTTP Response. I
> am using Tomcat version 559. Any help is appreciated.

See the "server" parameter - the comment "unless you're paranoid, you
won't need this" is a bit unfortunate.  While you can't suppress the
server header, you can change it.  How about setting server="Jatinder's
HTTP Server 0.1"?

		- Peter