Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ola Ogunneye <oo...@adventisthealthcare.com> on 2003/05/28 03:27:02 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] Error Installing Apache... Real Newbie needinghelp

Do I need to stop IIS from running completely? If not, how do I change the port address, and then what would be a suitable port address to give to IIS? I thought I could just look in services and change the port address for IIS, but I found no such info. Please let me know how to go about accomplishing the suggested solution to my initial problem. Please remember that I am a realnewbie trying to see if I can learn from you guys.

Thanks

>>> support@gej-it.com 05/27/03 15:33 PM >>>
Stop IIS from running on port 80.
Jeff Cohen

Posted by Jeff Cohen <su...@gej-it.com>.
To change a port that IIS is listening on, click Start - Programs -
Administrative Tools - Internet Information Services.
Expand the tree, right click on the Default web site, properties, click on
Advanced, and edit whatever settings to need (I would suggest going on port
8000 or 8080 which are not being in use by default by any other services).
That will at least allow to complete the apache installation.

Next, the questions will be:
1, Do you need the IIS running while apache will be running as well?
2. If so, would it make a difference for your application/program on which
port to run it?

All the best,
Jeff Cohen
Support@GEJ-IT.com