Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Ry...@stpaul.com on 2002/05/07 16:02:17 UTC

MissingResourceException

I'm trying to upgrade from FOP 0.20.1 to 0.20.3.  I do my development
within the VisualAge 3.5.3 IDE.

When trying to create a PDF using FOP 0.20.3, I get the following error:

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: java.util.MissingResourceException:
Can't find resource for base name
org.apache.batik.util.resources.XMLResourceDescriptor, locale en_US

The PDF is simple.  There is only one graphic (repeated on every page
header) and just text -- no SVG or anything.

I have Batik, LogKit, and Avalon in my classpath as projects, so I don't
think it is a classpath issue, but I'm just not sure.

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks!!

Re: MissingResourceException

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Ryan.Asleson@stpaul.com wrote:
> When trying to create a PDF using FOP 0.20.3, I get the following error:
>
> java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: java.util.MissingResourceException:
> Can't find resource for base name
> org.apache.batik.util.resources.XMLResourceDescriptor, locale en_US
> The PDF is simple.  There is only one graphic (repeated on every page
> header) and just text -- no SVG or anything.

FOP tries to initialize parts of Batik nevertheless, unless
you do a custom build without Batik. Well, perhaps it is
sufficient to remove the SVG mappings from the config.xml
file in the jar.

It still ought to be either a classpath problem or a version
clash.

J.Pietschmann